Milestone for HTML5-based Crossplatform-Apps
With the launch of the iPhone and Android smartphones, the Swiss media company Ringier AG introduces the “Blick-News” App. The “Blick-News” App was implemented by Neofonie Mobile as a hybride App.
Blick News App for Smartphone
The Blick News app is one of the most complex hybrid smartphone apps on the global market. It lays the technological foundation for Ringier AG’s upcoming app portfolio and enables the development of scalable and stable applications based on HTML5.
- Implementation of the most far-reaching European News App
- Possibility of adapting to different operating systems
- Multimedia elements
- Simultaneous releases for iOS and Android
- Additional Apple Watch App by Neofonie Mobile available
Blick News App for Apple Watch
The “Blick-News” Apple Watch App presents to its users the latest news – clearly, simply and hands-free. When a message catches the reader´s interest, the full article can be read by a tap on the Watch via Handoff.
- Top news items illustrated as images
- iPhone acts as a transmitter – Apple Watch as a receiver and display
- Design and UX of the App carried over to the Smart Watch App
- Comfortably swipe function from one article to the next
- Transfer of push notifications is integrated
Blick – the tabloid owned by Swiss media company Ringier AG – is the most-read paid newspaper in Switzerland with the paid-for circulation of 164 000 copies and 647 000 readers. Ringier is an acknowledged internationally operating Swiss media house that hires about 6 500 employees worldwide and runs 120 newspapers and magazines in 14 countries.
“Through the development of this hybrid App we could increase the usability for the customer and at the same time achieve more flexibility in terms of maintenance and further growth of our entire App portfolio.”Michael Roth Senior Project Manager Digital Media, Blick Gruppe bei Ringier AG